This small country church which possesses its original Gothic Revival qualities was built in c 1870 elsewhere, and moved to this site in 1874. A small graveyard, whose earliest tomb marker appears to be 1903, lies to the south of the church.
The steeple, pointed arch windows, simple country church imagery all add to the architectural significance. The church is the single most important visual element of Ontarioville’s architecture.
A basic upright and wing house built in c 1870 and altered by aluminum siding and a porch enclosure and perhaps the removal of Greek Revival details.
Simplicity of upright and wing form contribute to the architectural significance.
The former two story Italianate Drover Hotel c 1880, is raised on a masonry base with distracts from its integrity.
This 1900-1920 two story stucco structure lacks any strong architectural qualities.
Active Use: A&A Music
This early residence and later general store is now a law office. It dates to c 1880, with additions in the early part of the century. It retains significant Greek Revival and Italianate details.
Addition of porch (colossal portico), store front in Italianate style, country store imagery, simplicity of building form, and clapboard siding all contribute to the architectural significance of the building.
This is a simple prairie square, or cubic structure built in c 1900. It was formerly a dairy cooperative executive residence. It has good architectural integrity, but was inappropriately attached to the adjacent dairy freight building by a later concrete block structure.
The architectural significance comes from the original character being still intact and being the only brick house in the district.